Samstag, 24. November 2007

Salmon fishing in the Yemen.

Interviewer: Today we're going to consider the question of salmon fishing, which makes a refreshing change. More specifically, we are going to talk to Prime Minister Jay Vent about salmon fishing in the Yemen. Earlier this week I spoke to the prime minister about this at Number 10 Downing Street.

I: Prime Minister, isn't the very thought of salmon fishing in the Yemen an idea from way out on the lunatic fringe?
Jay Vent: You know, Andy (interviewer), sometimes someone comes up with an idea that is improbable but truly, truly heroic. I think that's what we've got here, with my old friend Sheikh Muhammad. He has a vision.
I: A lot of people, perhaps not knowing enough about it, would describe it as more of a hallucination than a vision.
JV: Yes, Andy, maybe to some people it does sound a little crazy, but let's not be afraid of thinking outside the box. My government has never stepped away from challenging new ideas, as you know. You know, Andy, if you'd been a reporter when the first ship was built from iron rather than from wood...
I: Sometimes it feels like I have been doing this job rather a long time, Prime Minister.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Paul Torday, Phoenix, London, p. 105

1 Kommentar:

  1. Things that sound more or less crazy, things that by others are considered a hallucination may sometimes turn out unbelievably right , give new sense to some poeple's lives and make them better...It's all about believing in it...

    AntwortenLöschen